Improve Your Cyber Security with Xero – Two Step Authentication Process
- September 4, 2018
- Posted by: Quarles Business and Financial Strategists
- Category: Xero Accounting
Time to improve your Cyber Security?
In the age of data and identity theft, and as small business owners, we need to protect ourselves against hackers and cybercriminals.
Xero, on the recommendation of the Australian Taxation Office, will soon start to make Two Step Authentication (2SA) compulsory for users. Users will soon not be able to access Xero without 2SA, so make sure you familiarise yourself with the dates below.
This is what you need to know:
Important Dates for Setting Up Two Step Authentication with Xero
• By 11 September 2018, all Xero subscribers and those with payroll admin permission will be required to register for 2SA, so if you set up your own software you need to be ready within a week.
• By 30 November 2018, all Xero users will be required to register for 2SA, so everyone who logs in and uses your software in one form or another will need to be set up with 2SA.
• Xero will support you through the transition, and you may have already received some correspondence on this from them.
• Xero provides support via their website with instructions and videos available to help set you up.
• This also applies to users with the Workflow Max software add-on from November 2018.
Improve Your Cyber Security with Two Step Authentication Now
We recommend you set up your 2SA as soon as possible, not just because it is required but for your protection. It is important when you are creating your passwords, to make them unique and secure, ensuring your sensitive data is secure.
Watch the video below to learn how to set up Two Step Authentication:
If you need any help enabling 2SA, or you’d like to switch to Xero and improve your data protection, please contact Quarles BFS.